From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Matthias Zeug
<matthias.z...@gmx.de>
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 9:05 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [ccp4bb] polarizer

EXTERNAL MAIL

Hi all,

The polarizer-microscope in our facility is not working properly, and I have to
check my plates using a standard stereo-microscope. As a workaround, I thought
about buying one at Amazon, placing it on top of the plates and rotating it to
still test for birefringence.

The product is linked below. Does anyone have some experience with this kind of
"homemade" system? And also (this might be a stupid question), does the product
even work? As far as I know, the polarizers in the microscopes are linear
polarizers, whereas the product linked below is a circular polarizer. I would
also be happy for product recommendations (optimally available at the German
Amazon).

Cheers

Matthias

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00XNMXYBY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5YsoFbFQXTBP9

CAUTION: This email originated from outside UTSW. Please be cautious of links
or attachments, and validate the sender's email address before replying.

UT Southwestern

Medical Center

The future of medicine, today.