On 09/08/2016 06:56, Anthony K wrote:
On 08/08/16 21:05, Levente Birta wrote:

But how can I add achieve this only with ip route command ... without
route?
Can I add this in any config files (ex: route-enp2s0)?

Hi Levente.

The iproute2 man page for each command is rather well documented on
CentOS 7.  For instance, to view the specifics of *ip route*, type *man
ip-route*.  On older versions of CentOS, all commands to ip have been
lumped into *m**an ip*.

Also, would you care to explain why you'd want to have the same subnet
on 2 interfaces of the same device?  If both networks had a host with
the same IP, and another host on either one of the networks needed to
talk to one of them, how would the router know which one to talk to?

I have encountered this before where one company acquired another and
they both had same subnet IP's.  Before we renumbered one of the
subnets, we resolved this via iptables mungling and policy routing.  So,
it's doable, but why when there's plentiful supply of RFC1918 IP addresses?

As I said in the initial message the centos box need to access the internet on both interfaces, the gateway in function of source IP ( the two IPs allocated on the centos box on two interfaces ) route the traffic on different WAN connection.

My problem simply is that on the Centos box I cannot access the internet on the second interface (i.e. second WAN connection) without the command: #route add default gw 192.168.1.1 dev enp3s0

I'd like to mention that any traffic on the LAN is going in/out on the right interface ... just the internet cannot be reached on the second interface.

What I don't understand why the route command allow to add a second default gateway with different interface, but the ip route command doesn't?

Thanks

--
           Levi