On 09/08/2016 23:11, Gordon Messmer wrote:
On 08/09/2016 12:03 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
those are both the same network, and the default gateway is a global
thing.  packets forwarded to 192.168.1.1 could use either 192.168.1.12
or .13, as they are all the same.  in reality, they will use the first
match they find.

Generally, but not necessarily.  What Birta is trying to accomplish is
called "multi-homing."   The oracle document I linked to is one of the
shortest, accurate descriptions of its configuration on Red Hat derived
systems that I've come across.

I read the document again ... and this talk about accessing this multi-homed host from the internet...
I have all this configured and working!

My problem is when a connection is initiated on this multi-homed or whatever host ... and the difference is that in my case the gateway is the same for both interfaces

And as I said this problem is resolved too ... I asked for another way to achieve this

--
           Levi