From: Mitko Gerensky-Greene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:17 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Women programmers

My 2 cents:

Women can be as good programmers as men! Any other claim is profiling...

My wife in fact had MCSD before moving to management and she still loves
database programming. I've worked with marvelous women programmers and a
classmate of mine is working on her Ph.D. in C.Sc. in network security
programming -- she can program in C++ the way I would never be able to.

At the same time, yes, there are many women in graphics design, particularly
moving from print design to web design.

What is most important is to encourage girls to study computers so that they
have marketable skills.

The world, and the work place, would be a better place when there is a
better balance between men and women. Women can be particularly good in
collaboration, from which we men could greatly benefit and learn :-)

Mitko

"The world of humanity is possessed of two wings: the male and the female.
So long as these two wings are not equivalent in strength, the bird will not
fly. Until womankind reaches the same degree as man, until she enjoys the
same arena of activity, extraordinary attainment for humanity will not be
realized; humanity cannot wing its way to heights of real attainment. When
the two wings . . . become equivalent in strength, enjoying the same
prerogatives, the flight of man will be exceedingly lofty and
extraordinary."
Baha'i Faith

http://us.bahai.org/equality/wings.html