From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Women programmers

> Amen goes there, sister!

> Susan H. Allen
> Pfinsten Publishing, L.L.C.
> Cleveland, Ohio

>>I actually find it really annoying when I
>>walk in new to a team and get the assumption that I'm there to make
the
>>application "look pretty" or design/develop the GUI.

Besides, that's my job! :) Actually I've been told that I'm better at it
than most "heavy-lifting" developers... I probably spend equal amounts
of
time on look and feel as I do on database development and issues, etc...
but
I would never assume that a woman coming into a dev team I worked on had
been hired to "make it pretty" ... unless of course, she had the _title_
"designer" or "graphic artist"...

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046