From: Simon Cornelius P. Umacob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 6:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF vs LAMP

> " I have a question to you, my dear friend: Would you buy a BMW with
> its hood welded shut?"
> yeah, what the hell would I being doing under the hood when it's built
> by a solid company that will take care of any issues that arise.

BMW is a solid company.
A solid company will take care of any issues that arise from my product.
Therefore, I will blindly believe in anything that BMW says.
Therefore, if my car breaks down, I will wait for BMW engineers to fly from
Germany in order to fix my car.
Therefore, I'm willing to pay huge amounts of money even if I can fix a very
simple problem.
Therefore, since I will blindly believe in anything that BMW says, I will
believe that it is not BMW's fault if the car breaks down because of faulty
manufacturing.
Therefore, even if there's conclusive evidence of BMW's negligence, I will
stubbornly hold on to the belief that it is really not BMW's fault.  I will
deceive myself if I have to.

Ah... non-critical thinking.  If that's how you think, then may God have
mercy on your poor soul.