> a good CMS should NOT allow users to use HTML to fulfill all their
> fantasies.
 See, this is -- to me at least -- where the laboratory gets hit smack in
the face with reality. Yes of course styles should rule. But try telling a
user their tabulated data can't be entered into the cms (tables are about
the only way that'll happen) or that because the Board of Directors wants to
use Comic Sans in 96-pt Muave for their monthly report's page title that you
can't accomodate them because only a bad system would allow such a thing...
Like it or not you have to allow users to muck up their sites if they so
choose and it has nothing to do with whether the cms is saintly or eee-vil.
 > Finally, the HTML editor should not allow users to upload any image
anytime.
 Oh my God! If I were to pick one feature that users were explicitly
delirious over, and which management expressly listed as a job requirement,
it would be the ability to upload an image or document (pdf, .doc; .xls or
somesuch) inline directly into the page via the wysiwyg editor. I used to do
it the way you describe and no, your users won't tolerate it unless you are
the one writing the paychecks, or you have a plant inside management who is
of a like mind and damn the torpedoes.
 Not speaking to you personally, Claude, but it amazes me how parochial and
textbook-oriented so many developers are with respect to what a 'good' CMS
is. A good CMS does what its users want it to do. If it doesn't its a
textbook-correct product sitting on a shelf.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems