I am thinking of installing the dev edition of MX 7 and then installing the
Flex 2 plugin.

I was wondering if anyone else on here has done that successfully and if
they could offer some advice as the best way to go.

I would be installing it on a Windows XP Pro SP2 box.

Do I need to install CF as a J2EE configuration?

I am very clueless about that, I wouldn't know whether to do the EAR or WAR
deployment, all the docs I have read are very vague.

Or is is possible to just do the regular standalone CF installation.  If so,
is it possible to integrate Flex into the standalone installation?

Thanks in advance!

Ali