> I have to agree with Dave. Every possible client scope needs to be checked -
> and the form scope seems rudimentary to me. Not checking the form scope is
> like setting up a firewall and locking down everything except a few dozen
> ports near the bottom of the stack (after all ... we rarely get attacked
> from ports 10 through 30  :)

I agree you should do input validation on the form scope, but not with
my script.  The logic behind it looks for a semi-colon and any SQL
keyword within the same form field.  The likelihood that a comments
field or other form field will meet the criteria is too high to use a
blanket keyword scanner like this.  I agree that you should validate any
data you're passing to queries, regardless of the variable scope, but
some methods are great for some scopes and not others given the
methodology.  The script can be easily modified to check the form scope
as well, but you may see false positives if you do that.

-Justin Scott