> So thanks!

You're welcome!

> I guess what i need to do, is create a folder called CFIDE in the subdomain
> shard and put a copy of the classes and the form ajax scripts etc.      The
> HELM control panel doesn't have the functionality to create virtual
> directories, so to create those involves a support ticket.  I'd rather not
> do that if i can help it - so if each site or sub-site or virtual host has
> its own copy of the CFGRID in a folder called /CFIDE/classes, that should
> work, I hope.

Yes, that should work. I would prefer to create a virtual directory,
though, because if you have multiple copies of CFIDE in various
places, security patches that replace files in one will not replace
the copied files in another.

> There is no point in creating a mapping because unless I'm mistaken, CF
> Creates a mapping called CFIDE when it installs doesn't it?  So that will
> already be there.

CF's mappings aren't the same as your web server's virtual
directories. CF mappings only affect CF tags with a TEMPLATE attribute
(CFINCLUDE, CFMODULE, etc). For paths to resolve from the browser, you
need either a physical or virtual directory.

So, yes, there's no point in creating a mapping, but not for the
reason you think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or on