> How do you catch compile time errors when they occur? Regardless if a
> template was tested or not. I understand best practices and that your code
> should be tested but it doesn't mean it will never happen. So when it does,
> how do you deal with it? If I get a server error from my applications, I get
> an email but these are run time only errors. So logging is good for tracing
> but not for learning if and when they occur. Seems like any error regardless
> of how it happens should be sent through onError since ColdFusion doesn't
> have any build tools so to speak to check before run time occurs. I figured
> out a solution but it only works for ajax requests (pass back the html to a
> function if the error code is 500). I'm not sure about page requests.

The site-wide error handler will catch compile-time errors.

But again, if a program won't compile, it won't work for anybody. When
you write a program, you have to run it at least once, right?
Otherwise, how do you know if it works at all?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.