:) kind folks...

actually, I don't touch the verity stuff... for a lot of reasons, including
massive growth potential and hands on customization as needed. looking to
create (in the process of) a CF based spider that will troll our partners
sites within a network of such sites as far as we all agree to...

size and such is on the growth side... total documents, quite large...
purely parsing out plain web content at first.. nothing too serious...

data goes to a big MySQL box... some intelligence in the sorting, resorting
and sub setting of data to happen yet...

then front ending it with CF to allow people to search everything
meaningfully and in some new ways...

big hangups so far are people's use of javascript which throws funny hrefs
that need manipulated... followed by the kind :80 addition notably on Apache
and balancing devices, which needs cut and handled then some sites which
have links that appear in their HTML to be "./whatever"... which comes over
to us as ./whatever with no domain info.. so parsing again and
manipulation...

just thought someone in all the many forms might have started with something
that took things a few steps...

every time I turn a corner I find another weird thing to break the little
engine that could :)

-paris