ahahaha!!  very well put about the upgrade!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Coldfusion Apps You've Built

Heck yeah.  I look at old code and ask myself what I was smoking when I
wrote it all the time.  I think we all do.  The importance is realizing
that ... you did it and you accept that it's wrong and you learn from it.

<grain_o_salt>
And...  figure out how to market from your mistakes. ;)  Make a better app
and offer it as an 'upgrade'. ;)
</grain_o_salt>

~Todd

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Phoeun Pha wrote:

> Hey guys, I'm 2 years in the CF game, and so far I've built a timesheet
> program, and events administration, countless shopping carts, pharmacy
> prescription app.  But looking back at my code, it was verrrrrry baaaaddd!
> Like I could think of a hundred places to do things differently, either
form
> CF or from the database design.
> Obviously it was because of lack of experience
>
> Was there anything that you guys have built for past clients that you now
> know could have been coded better?

Todd Rafferty ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - http://www.web-rat.com/ |
        Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion           |
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/  |
http://www.flashCFM.com/   - webRat (Moderator)            |
http://www.ultrashock.com/ - webRat (Back-end Moderator)   |