Lets stimulate discussion!

We have two types of patterns that I see : (1) redirecting a user during
initialization, (2) after another run_mode is done, or has decided that it
cannot provide additional progress for the user without intervention from
another run_mode.

> It would be very nice to have a way to explicitly re-dispatch from one
> run mode to another. At present I think that this is achievable doing
> something like "... return &other_run_mode() ..." inside &some_mode, but
> you loose all that nifty checks running in a pre_run hook (for example,
> authorization for a certain run mode).

I am wondering just the same thing ... After the new feature (change runmode
function), we will be left with (I think)
three ways to do this :

(1) return $self->other_run_mode;

I have not tried this, but would be interested to know if a way to pass
parameters to the new run mode exists, directly in the function, a way to
set CGI parameters.

(2) print HTML redirect

I use this to do most of this type of operation.

(3) use die / eval / carp

To force the execution path to change.  I use this all over the place.

Log on, post your thoughts for the methods you've used and any additional
ways you've found to do it.

Thanks,

Cory