In a message dated 5/27/03 2:34:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Today is not my day   8^[     On top of my insurance
 woes w/Hagerty, I dropped off the car at the local
 shop for a front end alignment and 2 new tires.  The
 mechanic called and said that the car needs a
 centerlink, pitman arm, idler arm, inner and outer tie
 rods and sleeves..

 I looked in my Summit catalog and the only option they
 seem to have is Moog.  Is that a good brand to go
 with?  Can I replace the parts myself?  Anyone have
 any part #'s for a '66?

 I guess it wasn't all that bad..  They DID have the
 tires!    8^[

 Thanks in advance,

 Jim
 '66 Malibu

Moog are the OEM parts that GM used.  I am curious to know why he says the
pitman arm is bad.  On Chevelles they can't go bad, they are simply fitted on to
the steering box.  Tie rod sleeves don't go bad either unless they rotted
away.

Tom