Charles,
    I always use a fly-wheel tool to hold a back up on the crank to keep it from turning. If you don't have one of these you can just use a screw driver on a tooth and be careful to not mess up any of the teeth... It would be really helpful if you had some one to hold the flywheel while you take off the balancer.
 Ðäññÿ ..............
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] harmonic balancer

   Thanx for the response, Brad.
But that's where my problem lies. Once I start to turn the remover clockwise the harmonic balancer it self is still moving in a clockwise direction. So it seems as though I'm not actually tightening remover to pull the balancer off.
  I've tried to wedge something between the holes on the balancer and the engine but it's in an awkward spot.
    Charles

C. Campbell - Detroit, MI.
'70 Chevelle Malibu 4 dr., 307, original
Detroit Chevelle Club (trying to get it started!)
email --> [EMAIL PROTECTED]