On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazz...@google.com> wrote:
> I've observed that after modifying extension_api.json and rebuilding
> on Linux (using "make" via distcc), often the entire extension api
> stops working, with no error message. A clean build always solves the
> problem. Is there some file I need to touch after modifying
> extension_api.json in order for the correct dependencies to rebuild?

$ git grep extension_api.json -- '*.gyp*' | wc -l
0

That is, this file is not ever mentioned to the build system.
The problem is that a .grd file uses the .json file when building but
that isn't explicitly told to gyp.
In C++ we rely on the per-platform build system to figure out they do
the same thing (an #include); for gyp we should just require people to
keep the gyp file in sync.

The place to look at fixing this is the .gyp* files where
common_resources.grd is built; it should list this .json file as an
input and it doesn't.