Actually, it think it's sorta captured --

chrome.gyp has chrome_resources_inputs, which is created by running a script
to figure out the input from the grd files.  Looking at my xcode project,
there is a dependency on common/extensions/api/extension_api.json for the
grd files listed in chrome_resources_grds.

TVL