On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 22:38, Eric Roman <ero...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Omaha doesn't support manual authentication for proxies, so if your
> squid proxy is requiring a username/password that could be the
> problem.

Yes, I know about this problem (it's documented in the help message
linked when the installer finishes unsuccessfully). However, the proxy
is transparent... maybe that's causing some problems?

> A good way to debug is to capture the traffic with wireshark and see
> what requests the installer issued.

The problematic one is
http://cache.pack.google.com/edgedl/chrome/install/195.38/chrome_installer.exe

Squid tells me in the logs that the request was successful, not
cached, direct. But the Windows machine I tried this on does not
receive the file.

There are some previous requests that look like trying to get the most
recent version number. It looks like they finish successfully.