                                       Subject:  RE: Query on MGX8850
[7:71702]
                      Sent
by:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

.com

                      04/07/2003
22:42
                      Please respond

"Vikram

JeetSingh"

Hi Diva,

I feel I need some more information on this..

1. Are all 4 nodes part of the same network, i.e., are the India and UK end
nodes back connected?

ALL NODES ARE PART OF THE SAME NETWORK BUT ARE NOT BACK CONNECTED.

2. Are they having just 1 IPLC each?
YES ONE EACH OF THE IPLCS ARE CONNECTED TO EACH OF THE MGX8850

3. If they are having more than 1 IPLC, are you running PNNI or some other
routing protocol on them, or have you done some static mapping?
THEY HAVE ONLY ONE IPLC EACH, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIGURED WITH PNNI

4. Do you mean to say that you have 2 routers running HSRP and they are
attached to different FRSMs on FR? And then on in case of one IPLC going
down you want the traffic to route through the other IPLC?

YES WE HAVE TWO ROUTERS RUNNING HSRP , AND THEY ARE ATTACHED TO TWO
DIFFERENT FRSM ON TWO DIFFERENT MGX8850.
AND INCASE OF IPLC FAILURE ON ONE MGX , THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO THE FRSM ON
THAT MGX 8850 SHOULD DETECT THAT AND THEN THE HSRP SHOULD REDUCE THE
PRIORITY.

On the last point, as per me it would be better to connect your MGX nodes
each other locally at both the locations and then by running PNNI
end-to-end
you can route your traffic in case of IPLC failures, and more so if both
the
nodes are sitting close by. For your traffic routing you can rely upon on
some IP routing features.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BACK CONNECT THE MGXs BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN ONE
SINGLE LOCATION.
AND THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO USE ONLY STATIC ROUTES AND NO DYANAMIC PROTOCOL.

HTH

Vikram