I've had this one.  For me it was failure to have vimclojure.jar in
the classpath of the nailgun server.

Here's how I start the server on Windows:

@echo off
set VIMCLOJURE_JAR=c:\vim\vimfiles\vimclojure.jar
set CLOJURE_JAR=c:\java\clojure-read-only\clojure.jar
set CONTRIB_JAR=c:\java\clojure-contrib-read-only\clojure-contrib.jar
java -Xmx512m -cp %CLOJURE_JAR%;%CONTRIB_JAR%;%VIMCLOJURE_JAR%
com.martiansoftware.nailgun.NGServer 127.0.0.1