On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Kai<poki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to this discussion group and Clojure.

Welcome!

> I'm sharing the first
> "bigger-than-REPL" script that I've written because I haven't seen
> anything else like it for Clojure. It's a script that takes Clojure
> code as input and generates a pretty HTML version. You can view it
> here (I ran the script through itself):
>
> http://kai.myownsiteonline.com/clojure/html.clj.html

The results are attractive, thanks for sharing!

I see you've copied 'spit' from clojure.contrib.duck-streams.
While of course it's perfectly acceptable to re-use
open-source code, it is important that when you copy an
author's code, that you follow the rules laid out by that
author.  In this case there are implications for the license of
your own code.  At the very least it would be polite to give
credit.  Anyway, I assume this was an innocent oversight and
that you'll fix it soon.

> I'd appreciate comments on the coding style

Well, since you ask... :-)

Your use of sets in 'whitespace?', 'starting?', etc. is
excellent.  You could similarly use maps for 'html-entity'
and 'html-whitespace' -- 'get' accepts a default value,
which might be useful here.   ...and now that I'm looking at
it, I think even 'whitespace?' could be just:

  (def whitespace? #{\, \newline \tab \space})

Also, you might be interested in 'condp' -- it'd be useful
in several places in that file.

Thanks again for sharing your code,
--Chouser