Seth <wbu...@gmail.com> writes:

> The literate programming is actually a contrib to org-mode.
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/

This has been moved out of contrib and into the Org-mode core, so with
recent versions of Org-mode the code block "Literate Programming" and
"Reproducible Research" support is built in.

In fact when Emacs 24 is released this will be part of the Emacs core.

> Ive actually used it to create my emacs.el, by having code in
> emacs.org and have init.el tangle out the emacs code. Of course i
> never documented
> anything and did it for the novelty of being able to organize all that
> code in one file, instead of expanding it to other files :)

I do this myself and find it very convenient.  In fact I maintain a
Literate fork of Phil Hagelberg's emacs-starter-kit which does exactly
this, allowing you to keep you emacs customizations in either .org files
or .el files.

The git repo for this is here
https://github.com/eschulte/emacs-starter-kit

and the documentation (exported from the literate .org files) is here
http://eschulte.github.com/emacs-starter-kit/

Cheers -- Eric