Serge,

In CloudStack, you can control where VM's are deployed.

If you don't want to do any programming, the easiest is to do host-tags and
storage-tags to control where vms run and their storage deployed.  However,
that gives you very static information.

If you're fine with writing code, CloudStack offers three different types of
plugins to fine tune the placement.  You would write one of these plugins,
change the componentcontext.xml to use your implementation and you can control
the placement of the VMs.

- DeploymentPlanner: Called by CloudStack to find placement for VMs.
- HostAllocator: Called by DeploymentPlanner to find a hypervisor host for VMs.
- StoragePoolAllocator: Called by DeploymentPlanner to find storage for volumes.

Generally, we advise that DeploymentPlanner should be used for heuristics and
the allocators are used for actual limitations of the hypervisor or storage.
For example, in your case, you may want to write a service of your own to keep
track of actual usage of cpu and peak times and then use that information to
feed it back to CloudStack via a SuperComputingDeploymentPlanner.

It's a little hard to be clear without the specifics.  Let me know if you need
more information.

--Alex