On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Alex Huang <alex.hu...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We had a discussion on irc.
>
> To implement something intermediary will be around the same effort as
> finishing the job and there are various reasons why just running the
> create-schema.sql and update*.sql is not enough.  So we should just decide on
> finishing the job in 4.1 or document the behavior.
>
> Any input on which way we should take.
>
> The engineer in me says just finish the job.  It's obviously working in dev
> setup on master so the risk of this introducing bugs is very low.  If someone
> knows why it's difficult to change in cloud-setup-databases script, please
> speak up.
>
> --Alex

My take on this is that we shouldn't do anything to 4.1
The people that matter (users) are taken care of when they start the
MS - and that is a well-tested path.
The only visible benefit for 4.1 is for developers/QA - and while I
want everyone's life to be as easy as possible - last minute changes
to help folks in a branch that's already feature frozen and days away
from RC doesn't seem like the wisest path.

--David