On Jan 9, 2014, at 12:48 PM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
> Nope. Please see the 10.8 AppKit Release Notes, which enumerate all the
> delegate methods which will kick you out of Auto Layout mode:
>
>> splitView:constrainMinCoordinate:ofSubviewAt:
>> splitView:constrainMaxCoordinate:ofSubviewAt:
>> splitView:resizeSubviewsWithOldSize:
>> splitView:shouldAdjustSizeOfSubview:
>> These methods are incompatible with auto layout. You can typically achieve
>> their effects and more with auto layout.
>
> <https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/AppKit/RN-AppKitOlderNotes/>

I'd like the docs for each of these methods to mention this.  Ideally, to
remove all doubt for the reader, the docs for the other delegate methods would
also confirm that it's okay to implement them in the sense that they won't
disable Auto Layout.

I'll take a couple of minutes to submit docs feedback... later.  As usual I've
now spent time on something immediately after saying I didn't have time to
spend. :)

--Andy