On 5/9/07, Eric Hellman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As long as LibX is free and not being used as a way to drive Amazon
revenue, I don't see how it could be considered to be commercial.

Probably a way to drive Amazon revenue down, considering that we offer
the alternative to borrow the book rather than buy it.

We've studied our logs pretty carefully. Most of the sites that have
exceeded the limit we set were commercial sites doing bulk harvest.

You can track the xISBN use by LibX by getting an affiliate id.

LibX is a client-side tool. We're not a user of xISBN, we provide
clients who have installed it the option to use xISBN.

Also, keep in mind that an important reason to use OCLC's xISBN
service - rather than using an alternate service or using the data
directly - is Jeff Young's OAI bookmark service, specifically the
know-how he's put into searching multiple catalogs and his keeping a
database of which library uses which catalog. That, as I understand,
is still not part of the officially supported xISBN, though.

- Godmar