At 4:41 PM -0400 5/9/07, Godmar Back wrote:
On 5/9/07, Eric Hellman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We've studied our logs pretty carefully. Most of the sites that have
exceeded the limit we set were commercial sites doing bulk harvest.

You can track the xISBN use by LibX by getting an affiliate id.

LibX is a client-side tool. We're not a user of xISBN, we provide
clients who have installed it the option to use xISBN.

I know, and I had to explain that to the legal department!

Also, keep in mind that an important reason to use OCLC's xISBN
service - rather than using an alternate service or using the data
directly - is Jeff Young's OAI bookmark service, specifically the
know-how he's put into searching multiple catalogs and his keeping a
database of which library uses which catalog. That, as I understand,
is still not part of the officially supported xISBN, though.

We will improve on that service...
--

Eric Hellman, Director                            OCLC Openly
Informatics Division