Excellent!

My application deploys with no exceptions - however (and now I'm venturing
into the Log4j side of things) I don't appear to be producing any log output
at all.

Dennis, if I could bother you one more time - I'm not sure how much of a
Log4j expert you are, but here is the log4j.xml file I've created (modified
from one I found online). When I deploy my war file and the servlet
initializes, it should produce logging output. In my log4j.xml file, I've
specified log file to be 'DailyFileAppender' types located in the 'log'
directory. However, after deploying my webapp, I can't find my log files
anywhere on my machine. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Darren

(log4j.xml)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";>

  <appender name="event_file" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyFileAppender">
    <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>
    <param name="File" value="log/uwaf-event.log"/>
    <param name="Append" value="true"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <appender name="error_file" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyFileAppender">
    <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>
    <param name="File" value="log/uwaf-error.log"/>
    <param name="Append" value="true"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
    <param name="Target" value="System.out"/>
    <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}]
%m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">
    <appender-ref ref="event_file"/>
    <appender-ref ref="error_file"/>
  </appender>

  <!-- Setup the Root category -->