For locally grown (often organic) produce, I'd go to local farmers' markets and
survey prices early in the season, at the peak of the season, and late in the
season for each veg/fruit/herb/flower of interest. Or survey prices at local
grocery stores. It doesn't make sense to me to look for national prices.

Cherry tomatoes were $5 a pint at the grocery store this week. I noticed
because my plants have started producing by the pint this week.

Tanya
Palo alto, calif.
Sent from my iPod