>>> With infinite resource, i agree that random playout will find the
best move.
>>> But it seems that nothing is guaranteed for heavy playout.

>> As Don pointed out before, the reason it converges to perfect play is
>> because of the UCT part, not because of the playout part.

> If the playout part prunes some moves, nothing is guaranteed.

I believe the point is that UCT never prunes moves. The playouts
performed at UCT leaf nodes are just to give an estimate to help UCT
decide which part of the tree to explore next. I.e. heavy vs. light
playouts are like intelligent vs. random move ordering in alpha-beta.

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)