On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 10:46:24AM -0600, David Silver wrote:
> But... in practice, I haven't got good results on larger boards. But
> to be honest, I've focused much more on 9x9, so perhaps I've missed
> some simple tricks.

I think there has been a marked change of interest since the
introduction of UCT, and - around the same time - the cgos 9x9
tournament page.

I understand that most people do their experiments on 9x9, the results
are available so much faster. Still, I think it might be time to loosen
the focus on 9x9, and have some more things happening on other sizes.

Would there be interest in a tournament system for 19x19 programs?
Something like 30 mins / player sounds like a reasonable extrapolation.

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk