On 7/19/07, steve uurtamo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
my guess is that you are in fact missing something --
it seems unlikely that they enumerated _on disk_ all
possible games and their correct response moves.

anything taking up less space than that would require
something more intelligent (or at least with a better
capacity to collapse situations) than brute force.

please someone set me straight -- if it's simply a list,
generated one at a time, of board positions and response moves,
i'll have a merry laugh tonight.

s.

You would not need to enumerate positions that cannot be reached when
neither player is playing perfect.   Not sure how many that leaves.