RE: MC + NN feedback:
One area I'm particularly interested in is using NN to apply knowledge
from the tree during the playout. I expect that NNs will have
difficulty learning strong tactical play, but a combination of a
pre-trained network with re-training based on the MCTS results might
be able to apply the knowledge gained in MCTS during the playout to
correctly resolve L&D situations, semeai, and maybe ko fights. Does
anyone else have interest in this?

-Mark