Hi!

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:27:27PM +0100, Gonçalo Mendes Ferreira wrote:
> Hi, I've been searching the mailing list archive but can't find an answer to
> this.
>
> What is currently the number of playouts per thread per second that the best
> programs can do, without using the GPU?
>
> I'm getting 2075 in light playouts and just 55 in heavy playouts. My heavy
> playouts use MoGo like patterns and are probability distributed, with
> liberty/capture counts/etc only updated when needed, so it should be pretty
> efficient.
>
> What would be a good ballpark for this?

  What board size are we talking about?

  ...Pachi does roughly 2000 heavy playouts per second per thread on
19x19.  It doesn't do it probability distribution style, which is though
just about 0.25 to 0.5 slowdown iirc.  Profile your program to find
hotspots.

  Maybe you are doing it in Python?  Michi's heavy playouts (also not
probability distribution) are about 15 per second per thread on 13x13.

--
                                Petr Baudis
        If you have good ideas, good data and fast computers,