Hello,

Seki means a constellation on the go board with two
living neighboring groups: one by Black, the other one
by White. Each of the groups has only one eye. And
they share a joint liberty.

My question: How frequent are Seki constellations?
More formally:
- How frequent are Seki on 9x9, 13x13, 19x19?
  (Is the frequency decreasig with increasing board size?)
- What are the frequencies of 1 Seki, 2 Sekis, ... in an end position?
- In which way do Seki frequencies depend on playing strength?

One way to get such frequencies would be to check
the archives of KGS.

In times of go bots, another way are long autoplay series
of go bots. Here the questions from above may change to:
- How do Seki frequencies depend on playing strength/computing time?
- Do games between different bots have higher Seki frequencies
  than autoplay games? (I would suspect so.)

Has someone here such data? Or, would someone be willing to
generate them? I would like to have the data for a (joint) paper.

Ingo.

PS. Chinese counting allows to identify the number
of Seki constellations in a final position. For instance,
on 19x19 the normal count is 361. One seki means count 360 (the
joint liberty is neutral), two Sekis give 359 and so on.
In particular, for an in-game position the expected parity of
Sekis can be seen in histograms (an interesting feature of Crazy
Stone's analysis mode).