Hi Peter,

> I'm due for a sabbatical next year. I had been joking, "It sure would be good
> timing if someone cracked Go right before that started. Then I'd have plenty
> of time to pick a new research topic." It looks like AlphaGo has provided.

you are not the only one in such a situation or a similar one...

Probably you know, that the ICGA has its next Computer Olympiad end of
June 2916 in Leiden (NL), together with a 3-day conference "Computers and
Games".
It is an exciting question how the whole event will be. In which moods
the programmers are, to which other games CNNs will be applied, which
new directions of research will be started, which bots will start in the
computer go competition ...

I think the questions may become more urgent when certain
things will happen in March.

Cheers, Ingo.