On 18/10/2017 22:00, Brian Sheppard via Computer-go wrote:
> A stunning result. The NN uses a standard vision architecture (no Go
> adaptation beyond what is necessary to represent the game state).

The paper says that Master (4858 rating) uses Go specific features,
initialized by SL, and the same technique. Without go features, and
without initialization, it's Zero (5185 rating).

The obvious question is, what would be the result of using go features
and not initializing?

I would expect that providing liberties is a useful shortcut (see my
remark about game history!). But I'm willing to be surprised :-)

--
GCP