Few open questions I currently have, comments welcome:

  - there is no input representing the number of captures; is this
    information somehow implicit or can the learned winrate predictor
    never truly approximate the true values because of this?

  - what ballpark values for c_{puct} are reasonable?

  - why is the dirichlet noise applied only at the root node, if it's
    useful?

  - the training process is quite lazy - it's not like the network sees
    each game immediately and adjusts, it looks at last 500k games and
    samples 1000*2048 positions, meaning about 4 positions per game (if
    I understood this right) - I wonder what would happen if we trained
    it more aggressively, and what AlphaGo does during the initial 500k
    games; currently, I'm training on all positions immediately, I guess
    I should at least shuffle them ;)