I did a quick test with my MCTS chess engine wth two different
implementations.
A standard MCTS with averaging, and MCTS with alpha-beta rollouts. The
result is like a 600 elo difference

Finished game 44 (scorpio-pmcts vs scorpio-mcts): 1/2-1/2 {Draw by 3-fold
repetition}
Score of scorpio-mcts vs scorpio-pmcts: 41 - 1 - 2  [0.955] 44
Elo difference: 528.89 +/- nan

scorpio-mcts uses alpha-beta rollouts
scorpio-pmcts is "pure" mcts with averaging and UCB formula.

Daniel