  From: Fuming Wang
  To: Aja ; computer-go@dvandva.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:00 AM
  Subject: Re: [Computer-go] Fwd: News on Tromp-Cook ?

  Hi Aja,

  On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Aja <ajahu...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Fuming,
    Most of the current strong programs are using UCT combined with RAVE (a
kind of AMAF). The formula is like this (there are many variants),
    C*RAVE+(1-C)*UCT

  This has been my understanding. However, I am surprized to find out that
people have been setting C close to one, according to Petr and Oliver's
postings, which is essentially AMAF. MF apparently is doing something different.

  Fuming