Aja wrote:
>> Yamato and I have independently started development of Zen and FudoGo
>> (resp) with sharing the same idea*, combining MoGo's sequence-like
>> simulation policy and CrazyStone's larger patterns, though later Zen
>> uses more complicated policy.
>>
>> *This is one of the reasons I have started the joint project "DeepZen"
>> with Yamato.
>
>   If Zen is not using probabilisic simulation (even with a lot of rules to
>make it less-random, like I do in Erica), I will be very surprised with its
>performance in few simulations. But anyway, I feel sorry to say anything
>about Zen that I am not really sure.

Zen uses sequence-like AND probabilistic simulation.
Basically it plays around the previous move randomly like MoGo, and these
moves are biased by gamma values like Crazy Stone.

I am also trying to use probabilistic simulation on the whole board, but
it does not yet succeed. The main problem is how to combine the semeai,
seki and useless-move detection with it.

--
Yamato