On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 02:12:13AM +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> afaict  PC[]  BL[], OB[]  are not defined by a well used standard,
> and hence extremely little used in my experience
> whereas javascript date, and GPS are well defined and well used

They are defined by the SGF standard itself and they are used quite
commonly, at least in the SGF collections I can see (KGS files, GoGoD,
...).

They are of freeform format, so you can of course just stick javascript
date or GPS coordinates in there if you want too. Either establish a
convention that says this is always preceded e.g. by "GPS", but you
should be able to easily construe a regex that matches the given format
with essentially 100% accuracy. But *requiring* something like that is
dangerous since it forces to use certain precision even if the original
information is much less precise.

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis