KGS can already put the information you want in the game record as comments.

The five minute delay is in the KGS client, when the used sets
reconnect=true.  The client waits 5 minutes before reconnecting.  I set
reconnect=false, and run the client in a loop in a script.  Then when there
is a disconnection, the kgs client exits immediately and the script restarts
it immediately.

David