On 9x9 you should be getting about 100k light playouts per second per core on a
recent core i7.  I was getting almost that many in 2008, and libego was faster.

David

From: computer-go-boun...@dvandva.org [mailto:computer-go-boun...@dvandva.org]
On Behalf Of Xavier Combelle
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:44 AM
To: computer-go@dvandva.org
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] A few questions from a beginner

As other engine:
- There is Ɓukasz Lew. libego https://github.com/lukaszlew/libego (I belived it
will give you what you want)

- There is oakfoam http://oakfoam.com/

- There is fuego http://fuego.sourceforge.net/

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Mikko Aarnos <mikko.aar...@kolumbus.fi> wrote:

Thanks for the info all.

Does a fast open-source program exist which uses only light playouts? If there
would be one I could get some reliable info on the amount of playouts per
second I _should_ be getting. The only open-source I've found is Pachi and that
isn't suitable for that purpose.

I considered the playout method before asking but I rejected it because I
didn't think it was any good at figuring out life/death. Apparently this is not
the case so seems like that's what I'm going to be doing.

Regards,

Mikko Aarnos