As I promised, I now have a link to my paper, The Original Meaning of
the Judicial Power.  It is only 22 pages.

Here is the abstract:

In this paper, I refute any claim that judicial review was invented in
Marbury v. Madison, or that, because it is contrary to the original
meaning of the Constitution, it must be justified by some nonoriginalist
interpretive methodology. I will do so, not by discerning the shadowy
and often counterfactual "intentions" of the founding generation, but by
presenting as comprehensively as I can what the founders actually said
during the constitutional convention, in state ratification conventions,
and immediately after ratification. These statements, taken
cumulatively, leave no doubt that the founders contemplated judicial
nullification of legislation enacted by the states and by Congress.

In short, I shall demonstrate that the original meaning of the "judicial
power" in Article III, included the power of judicial nullification.
Many constitutional scholars who do not consider themselves to be
originalists nevertheless acknowledge that originalism provides the
starting point of constitutional interpretation or at least is a factor
to be considered among others. It is equally important that these
nonoriginalists are made aware of the substantial evidence that the
original meaning of the "judicial power" included the power to nullify
unconstitutional laws.

Randy E. Barnett
Austin B. Fletcher Professor
Boston University School of Law