Todd Lyons wrote:
> Jose Antonio Becerra Permuy wrote on Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:00:19PM +0200 :
>
>>El Dom 13 Oct 2002 20:22, David Walluck escribi?:
>>
>>>Beware of using XFS on your root partition. I have done this, and
>>>Mandrake tools do not properly load the XFS module so that you can
>>>access your root partition if you build your own kernel.
>>
>>      I have been using XFS in the root partition with 8.2 (and now with 9.0)
>>without problems. May be your initrd file has not the necessary modules?
>

> Agreed, I too have put XFS as the root partition and the mandrake
> install-kernel script puts the correct modules into the initrd so that
> the root fs can be mounted, no matter what its fstype.
>
> Blue skies...                 Todd

Sometimes they are in the initrd, sometimes not, but the mount still
fails. I have reported this on the list before, I don't know what other
details I can offer that would be of help.

One of two things happens:

1.) The installkernel script complains that it can't find the xfs
modules and exits, even though what it should really do is try to build
the initrd anyway.

2.) The initrd is built with the correct xfs modules, and the initrd is
correctly added to lilo.conf (although, sometimes not, and I have to add
by hand).

3.) Upon boot, mounting the root FS still fails.

There seems to be several bugs in the installkernel script, but I'm
still surprised that I have been able to fix this problem manually.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>