Alexander Skwar wrote:
So sprach David Walluck am 2002-10-13 um 14:22:06 -0400 :

Beware of using XFS on your root partition. I have done this, and Mandrake tools do not properly load the XFS module so that you can access your root partition if you build your own kernel.

Is it really a problem of using XFS for /?  Or is it "just" that the
kernel might not be loadable, which can easily be circumvented by
creating a tiny (<50 megs) ext2 /boot partition?

Alexander Skwar
I don't know how I could reparition the drive as it mostly has no free space. Why would the kernel not be loadable? A stock mandrake kernel always works fine, but I would prefer to be able to build my own.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>