Currently (newly) "D" is bound to "Display only Active" (*). This is hardcoded and hence cannot be overridden by a scripted key-board short-cut. The easiest is to change the letter from "D" to e.g. "F" (not to far away on the keyboard and not taken) in he templatekeybindings file (x).

HTH,

Bernhard

(*) This should be mentioned in the keybindings list but isnt so far.
(x) Usually in $HOME/.coot-preferences (on Windows in yourwincootinstalldirectory\.coot-preferences)