On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:34:43PM +0200, Josselin Dulac (I.U.FM.) wrote:
> The mailbox seems correctly created on first login (mailboxes
> directories are well set up).
> Aug 25 23:31:57 localhost authdaemond.ldap: authentication bind successful
> Aug 25 23:31:57 localhost authdaemond.ldap: authldap: ACCEPT, username
> j.dulac
> Aug 25 23:31:57 localhost imapd: authdaemon: ACCEPT, username j.dulac
> Aug 25 23:31:57 localhost imapd: maildirmake: File exists

You are running a hacked version of courier-imap, since courier-imap does
not attempt to create directories on login.

You could try running the genuine courier-imap code available from
http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php

If you really want to run someone else's hacked code, then please contact
that someone else for support. There's no way we can help you here, since we
can't see the source code to what you're running.

In any case, you didn't say what version you were running, where you got it
from, or what O/S you're running it under. From the log messages, I believe
the code you are running is derived from courier-imap 3.x or earlier, which
means it's extremely old in any case.

Regards,

Brian.